At Radical we believe education is the fundamental right of every child and recognise its value in improving the life-chances for ‘looked after children’. Our aim is to help all children and young people take steps towards achieving their full potential.
We believe that education can happen anywhere and at anytime:
- Every experience at Radical is maximised and linked to individual learning objectives.
- Our curriculum is flexible and uses project based learning, achieving recognition through ASDAN, AQA and SQA award schemes.
- Links are made to the national curriculum targets for literacy and numeracy.
- Alternative approaches and specialist resources are use to stimulate and re-engage young people.
- Diverse strategies are used and well planned learning experiences are implemented.
- All our staff are involved in the planning and delivery of relevant learning activities.
- Learning is facilitated through direct first-hand experiences.
- Recognition of individual strengths, learning styles and abilities, providing challenge and progression.
- Building confidence so education can be accessed by every child is the key to promoting the concept of life-long learning.
Our Radical School is based in Carlisle and is fully registered with OFSTED.
- Our outdoor adventure therapy creates numerous opportunities for children and young people to learn out of the classroom and try something different.
Our latest OFSTED Inspection received an overall rating of 'Good'.