As an organisation we have a dedicated training department offering a multitude of training to our staff team. We believe in nurturing talent and identifying skills in staff that can be utilised.
Our training department specialises in accredited training courses for staff based around specific young people’s needs and staff work towards qualification in these areas.
Within our training department is an assessment centre accredited by City and Guilds and we offer qualifications to staff and young people from Level 1 right up to Level 5 in a range of areas including:
- Level 3/5 Diplomas for the Children and Young Peoples Workforce
- Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector
- Certificate in Teaching in Lifelong Learning
- The Level 3 Award in Assessing vocationally related achievement.
- The Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
All aspects of child and young people’s care are delivered to staff through a comprehensive induction process, which are all based around policy and procedure of our organisation.
- Equality and Diversity
- Anti Discriminatory Practice
- Dealing with challenging behaviour
- Attachment theory/ transitions
- Attachment disorder
- Physical intervention- Team Teach and Calm.
- Communication techniques
- Child protection
- Child sexual exploitation
- Missing from home
- Self Harm
- Data Protection
- Drugs and alcohol
- Health and Safety at work
- Risk assessment
- The use consequences
- Accident reporting
- Food hygiene including nutrition.
- Infection control
- Fire safety
It is important to us as an employer that we are aware of the health safety and welfare of our employees. We believe in a happy workforce and offer Stress Awareness annually to our staff.
All staff are emergency First Aid trained, although not mandatory, we believe that if a situation arose; all staff would have the skill to handle each situation confidently.
Management training is vital to the care of our young people and also to the welfare of our staff and a range of courses for professional development are offered to managers from Supervision and Appraisal training to Level 5 diplomas in Leadership and Management.